One of the enchantments of Seattle's restaurant scene is finding underheralded gems like Eva scattered deep in the neighborhoods. In this sunny homespun corner of Wallingford, lined with windows and filled with folks who come as they are, pristine seasonal ingredients are whipped into smart, deeply flavorful preparations, crafted with a sly streak: Cabrales flan with pear relish, mussels steamed with garam masala–kissed coconut milk, roasted quail with chorizo bread pudding. Almost nothing misses. An adjoining wine bar and toe-curling desserts enhance the versatile user-friendliness of this find.
2227 N 56th St
Seattle, WA 98103
- 5–10 daily
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."