Emmer and Rye
Out of a throwback setting—an oaky Victorian decorated with mason jars of grain—comes food so throwback it's stylish again. Local, seasonal, sustainable guru Seth Caswell extemporizes gloriously on the fresh bounty of boutique farmers—barely seared tuna with colorful, candy-sweet diced beets and swirls of sunchoke puree, wild nettle pappardelle pasta with braised rabbit and spring vegetables, whatever else is in season that nanosecond—and if all is not consistently executed to perfection, such is the price of soaring creativity. Servers are well-informed; desserts, particularly the fruity ones, can be stunning.
1825 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Fri 11:30–3, 5–11
Sat 9–2, 5–11
Sun 9–2, 5–10
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "I Was You"
- Parfait Ice Cream Is Opening a Shop (and Patisserie!) in Ballard
- This Week in Happy Hour: Oyster Edition
- Monday Jolt: Council Scuttles McGinn's Proposed Ship Canal Bridge Study
- Friday Jolt: Ugly Deals, Ugly Politics
- Lynn Shelton's 'Laggies' Filming in Seattle