Din Tai Fung
The coup represented by Bellevue scoring the only Northwest outpost of the revered Taiwanese chain Din Tai Fung cannot be overstated: Upon its Lincoln Square opening this fall, waits were clocking in at two and three hours. The reason? Quite simply the finest xiao long bao, or Chinese soup dumplings, in the universe. From the creamy entryway of this high-end dumpling house you can see behind the glass 20 or so young chefs hand-rolling, filling, and decoratively pinching the tender-fleshed little morsels, whose pretty swirls will arrive at your table in their round bamboo boxes, to be plucked out with chopsticks, then placed carefully upon a soup spoon. Pierce the pale dough with your chopstick; the spoon bowl will flood with the savory broth. That’s your cue to put the whole glorious mess in your mouth and thank god there are nine more in the box.
700 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Seattle Holiday Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé