A century-old house at the gritty confluence of 23rd and Madison, refurbished inside to ultramod specs with creamy curvilinear plastic and composite marble and jammed with gorgeous young epicureans flashing perfect teeth—Crush feels a lot more LA than Seattle. But the kitchen maintains a monkish devotion to sustainable, organic, and otherwise pristine local ingredients, which it wrests into stylized presentations featuring layered flavors and great mouthfeel (read: comfort food)—slow-braised short ribs, wild mushroom–and–duck confit tart—which only occasionally topple into pretension. Prices are admirably lower than they could be, especially in view of a bar favored by the young and the leggy.
2319 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98112
- Butcher BB Ranch Is Feeding Marijuana to Pigs
- Seattle’s Best Restaurants for Cheap Eats
- Burgess News: Who Does It Help? Who Does It Hurt?
- Friday Jolt: Burgess Withdraws from Mayor's Race
- Morning Fizz: Luckily for Mayor Mike McGinn
- Morning Fizz: 46th District Endorses Murray, Steinbrueck
- Isn't It Weird That
- Campaign Fizz: Burgess Fires Consultant