A century-old house at the gritty confluence of 23rd and Madison, refurbished inside to ultramod specs with creamy curvilinear plastic and composite marble and jammed with gorgeous young epicureans flashing perfect teeth—Crush feels a lot more LA than Seattle. But the kitchen maintains a monkish devotion to sustainable, organic, and otherwise pristine local ingredients, which it wrests into stylized presentations featuring layered flavors and great mouthfeel (read: comfort food)—slow-braised short ribs, wild mushroom–and–duck confit tart—which only occasionally topple into pretension. Prices are admirably lower than they could be, especially in view of a bar favored by the young and the leggy.
2319 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98112
- Tue–Sun 5–close
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Best New Bar in Seattle
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Here's the (Massively Tempting) Dessert Lineup for Sweet Week
- Quality Athletics Opens (Officially) Today in Pioneer Square
- Tuesday Jolt: Mayor Murray Threatens to Veto Restrictive aPodment Legislation
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Report: Tunnel Tops List of "Highway Boondoggles"
- Cheap Week Seattle: September 15–21