Canlis has been perched out over the vertiginous eastern edge of Queen Anne Hill for over 50 years. That makes it about as classic as it gets in this town—right down to the reconstructed surf and turf menu, the midcentury split-level architecture (a marvel of luxurious restraint), the dinner-jacketed clientele, the noblest mixed drinks in town, the fathoms-deep wine list, the perfectionist standard of service (where the valets remember your car without aid of a claim ticket), and the whole breathtaking sweep of Lake Union twinkling just beyond the windows. Now in its third generation of Canlis family operators, what was once the most intimidating dining room in Seattle has a friendlier, almost folksy air—but the food remains, as ever, impeccable.
2576 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
- Mon–Fri 5:30–close
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Update: Zara Seattle
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Seattle New Year's Eve Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé
- First Look: Chef Jason Wilson's New Miller's Guild
- Nosh Pit Weekly Planner: December 4–10
- Morning Fizz: Keynote Speaker
- Morning Fizz: "However, If Corporate Resistance Results in the Ordinance Getting Watered Down..."