It's the classiest standby on the Eastside, where Holly Smith dances in the footsteps of the venerable Peter Dow. What he began in 1977 she refines and perfects, with high-end Northern Italian food rendered consistently and innovatively. Vivid dishes—like grilled squab with seared foie gras or mushroom-stuffed rabbit leg wrapped in pancetta and served with a chickpea crepe and fennel and green salad—showcase fastidious attention to perfect ingredients and dazzling creative verve in the kitchen, a verve that stands in appealing contrast to the classic lines and restrained decor of the room. Crack service. Warning: Unless you're familiar with Kirkland's lakeside community of Juanita, you will not find this hidden spot without help.
9702 NE 120th Pl
Kirkland, WA 98034
- Tue–Thu 5–9
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- First Look: Chef Jason Stratton's Aragona
- This Week in Restaurant News: Big Openings and Big News
- Update: Zara Seattle
- An Eater’s Guide to the Malls
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Joey Kitchen
- Behind the Scenes: Seattle Designer Reina Acab of Le Notre
- Morning Fizz: Two Deputy Mayors
- Morning Fizz: Future Salaries