It's the classiest standby on the Eastside, where Holly Smith dances in the footsteps of the venerable Peter Dow. What he began in 1977 she refines and perfects, with high-end Northern Italian food rendered consistently and innovatively. Vivid dishes—like grilled squab with seared foie gras or mushroom-stuffed rabbit leg wrapped in pancetta and served with a chickpea crepe and fennel and green salad—showcase fastidious attention to perfect ingredients and dazzling creative verve in the kitchen, a verve that stands in appealing contrast to the classic lines and restrained decor of the room. Crack service. Warning: Unless you're familiar with Kirkland's lakeside community of Juanita, you will not find this hidden spot without help.
9702 NE 120th Pl
Kirkland, WA 98034
- Tue–Thu 5–9
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."
- There Are Two New Faces Behind the Bar at Zig Zag
- Morning Fizz: Council Skeptical of $1.07 Billion Waterfront Project (LIKE); Celis in Bike Gear (DISLIKE)