Proof positive that Bellevue is now an urban center, Café Cesura of the soaring ceilings and minimalist embellishments and aubergine walls looks plucked whole out of Pike/Pine. The menu is short but trenchant, focusing on the item we’ll go so far as to call the Breakfast Trend of the Decade: the breakfast sandwich. One comes with caramelized shallots and comte cheese and lush slices of bosc pear; another, even better, features sweet apple-smoked bacon and plenty of good cheddar with an egg on a Macrina potato roll. When eating a breakfast sandwich the insides sometimes squirt out; Cesura makes a fine place to contemplate that nonproblem, over a cup of Stumptown and a moist housemade muffin.
1015 108th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
- Daily 7–7
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The Trouble With Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Downtown's New Elysian Bar Sounds Pretty Damn Great
- Senator Tom Will Not Run for Reelection
- Flour to the People
- This Week in Restaurant News: Expansions, Cocktails, and Fried Chicken
- Morning Fizz: Brawl Averted, Money Not Diverted
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- A Critic’s Guide to Seattle Restaurant Week 2014