Proof positive that Bellevue is now an urban center, Café Cesura of the soaring ceilings and minimalist embellishments and aubergine walls looks plucked whole out of Pike/Pine. The menu is short but trenchant, focusing on the item we’ll go so far as to call the Breakfast Trend of the Decade: the breakfast sandwich. One comes with caramelized shallots and comte cheese and lush slices of bosc pear; another, even better, features sweet apple-smoked bacon and plenty of good cheddar with an egg on a Macrina potato roll. When eating a breakfast sandwich the insides sometimes squirt out; Cesura makes a fine place to contemplate that nonproblem, over a cup of Stumptown and a moist housemade muffin.
1015 108th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
- Daily 7–7
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- 25 Drop-Dead Extraordinary Sandwiches
- Judy Travis Is the 21st Century Video Star
- Friday Extra Fizz: Sharing Cars, Vacating Alleys, and Restricting Signs
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: Mar 6–9
- Morning Fizz: Teachers are in "Open Revolt"
- This Week In Restaurant News: Look, New Projects That Aren't in Pioneer Square!
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- The Working Stiff's Guide to Lunch in the City