Bastille Cafe and Bar
With its French subway tile and vintage fixtures, Bastille delivers a lively shot of Paris to Ballard Ave. Few restaurants have mastered ambience like this one—from the speakeasylike Back Bar (anchored with a crystal chandelier big as Marie Antoinette’s hair) to the breezy patio. The menu, Sunday brunches, through nightly happy hours and suppers, surveys French bistro classics through a carefully sourced Northwest lens: Taylor Shellfish moules frites, burnished salads from the rooftop garden, and North African dishes like the very satisfying Anderson Ranch lamb sausage sandwich with artichoke mustard. Execution can be inconsistent and service tone-deaf. In this room, que será será.
Want a taste of Bastille from the convenience of your home? Read more for a recipe for Salade Verte, the perfect summer salad that serves up a fresh take on a French classic.
5307 Ballard Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
Sun 10am–3pm, 4pm–2am
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2013
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- This Week in Happy Hour: Oyster Edition
- Parfait Ice Cream Is Opening a Shop (and Patisserie!) in Ballard
- Morning Fizz: "I Was You"
- Morning Fizz: Mayor's Race Fundraising Surprises
- Monday Jolt: Council Scuttles McGinn's Proposed Ship Canal Bridge Study
- Nosh Pit Weekly Planner: June 19–25