Packed, deafening, and underlit as a porn film, Barrio (from the folks who brought us Purple Cafe; and Wine Bar) knows a thing or two about crowdpleasing. The place is sleek and techno, with its gunmetal grays and dungeony feel, and the drinks can be sparkling and iridescent as precious gems. (Case in point, the grapefruity little tequila number, La Paloma.) There are also two happy hours daily: 5 to 6:30pm, and again from 10pm to midnight (later on weekends). For these reasons, Barrio does pack-em-in business with everyone but foodies, who lament that the chiles rellenos are gloppy, the $2 tacos bland, the meats too often overcooked.
1420 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Sun-Thu 5pm-midnight
Fri & Sat 5pm-2am
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The Trouble With Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Downtown's New Elysian Bar Sounds Pretty Damn Great
- Senator Tom Will Not Run for Reelection
- Flour to the People
- This Week in Restaurant News: Expansions, Cocktails, and Fried Chicken
- Morning Fizz: Brawl Averted, Money Not Diverted
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- A Critic’s Guide to Seattle Restaurant Week 2014