Packed, deafening, and underlit as a porn film, Barrio (from the folks who brought us Purple Cafe; and Wine Bar) knows a thing or two about crowdpleasing. The place is sleek and techno, with its gunmetal grays and dungeony feel, and the drinks can be sparkling and iridescent as precious gems. (Case in point, the grapefruity little tequila number, La Paloma.) There are also two happy hours daily: 5 to 6:30pm, and again from 10pm to midnight (later on weekends). For these reasons, Barrio does pack-em-in business with everyone but foodies, who lament that the chiles rellenos are gloppy, the $2 tacos bland, the meats too often overcooked.
1420 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Sun-Thu 5pm-midnight
Fri & Sat 5pm-2am
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Update: Zara Seattle
- Seattle New Year's Eve Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: Keynote Speaker
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Morning Fizz: "However, If Corporate Resistance Results in the Ordinance Getting Watered Down..."
- This Week in Restaurant News: Big Openings and Big News
- First Look: Chef Jason Wilson's New Miller's Guild
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Joey Kitchen