Pleasant 50 North across from U Village looks like an unassumingly upholstered cafe with a crowd-pleaser family menu starring burgers, cracker-bread pizzas, salads, and fried chicken plates. Look deeper. The shiny new sister of Vashon’s Hardware Store pioneers radical territory: sustainable sourcing and vegcentric cooking in a package aimed at everyman. So a plate of meaty Bolgonese is actually crammed with vegetables (organic ones!); all-natural short ribs with a sassy pomegranate glaze come with parsnip-celeriac puree and a bright fennel-apple salad; sustainably caught salmon arrives crusted with pistachios upon an organic leek and fennel sauce. It’s bright, intelligent food lavishly accommodating diets from vegan to gluten-free, all day long. What could be more accessible than that?
5001 25th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105
- Mon–Fri open at 11 am for Lunch and Breakfast, Happy Hour 3-6pm, Dinner starts at 5pm
Sat-Sun 8am-4pm Brunch, Happy Hour from 3-6pm, Dinner starts at 5pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Cheap Week Seattle: September 15–21
- Trove Opens This Weekend (And Mass Excitement Ensues)
- Best Breakfast Spots
- Morning Fizz: Mayor Murray Will Propose Car Sharing Expansion
- Quality Athletics Opens (Officially) Today in Pioneer Square
- Monday Jolt: Three Losers and One Winner