Pleasant 50 North across from U Village looks like an unassumingly upholstered cafe with a crowd-pleaser family menu starring burgers, cracker-bread pizzas, salads, and fried chicken plates. Look deeper. The shiny new sister of Vashon’s Hardware Store pioneers radical territory: sustainable sourcing and vegcentric cooking in a package aimed at everyman. So a plate of meaty Bolgonese is actually crammed with vegetables (organic ones!); all-natural short ribs with a sassy pomegranate glaze come with parsnip-celeriac puree and a bright fennel-apple salad; sustainably caught salmon arrives crusted with pistachios upon an organic leek and fennel sauce. It’s bright, intelligent food lavishly accommodating diets from vegan to gluten-free, all day long. What could be more accessible than that?
5001 25th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105
- Mon–Fri open at 11 am for Lunch and Breakfast, Happy Hour 3-6pm, Dinner starts at 5pm
Sat-Sun 8am-4pm Brunch, Happy Hour from 3-6pm, Dinner starts at 5pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The Trouble With Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Downtown's New Elysian Bar Sounds Pretty Damn Great
- Senator Tom Will Not Run for Reelection
- Flour to the People
- This Week in Restaurant News: Expansions, Cocktails, and Fried Chicken
- Morning Fizz: Brawl Averted, Money Not Diverted
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- A Critic’s Guide to Seattle Restaurant Week 2014