Take a ride up the Counterbalance to the 5 Spot. Better yet, walk, as penance for the sinfully large feast you're about to consume: Heaping helpings are the 5's franchise. This Queen Anne institution for weekend brunch is one of Chow Foods' original crowd-pleasers. The atmo is upscale diner in large, noisy quarters with cushy booths. Lunch and dinner menus pay tribute to Southwest, New England, Southern, and Northwest cuisines, and a regional American "theme menu" wild card is thrown in for good measure. It's all down-home real-good—the sort of place that makes smoky, sweet, saucy barbecued wings and oily French-fried artichoke hearts with delish bready mushroom "cuzins"—and whatever fails to astonish can still be counted on to satisfy. The full bar sure will. Very popular with families.
1502 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Sat & Sun 8:30–3, 5–midnight
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Seattle Holiday Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé