Take a ride up the Counterbalance to the 5 Spot. Better yet, walk, as penance for the sinfully large feast you're about to consume: Heaping helpings are the 5's franchise. This Queen Anne institution for weekend brunch is one of Chow Foods' original crowd-pleasers. The atmo is upscale diner in large, noisy quarters with cushy booths. Lunch and dinner menus pay tribute to Southwest, New England, Southern, and Northwest cuisines, and a regional American "theme menu" wild card is thrown in for good measure. It's all down-home real-good—the sort of place that makes smoky, sweet, saucy barbecued wings and oily French-fried artichoke hearts with delish bready mushroom "cuzins"—and whatever fails to astonish can still be counted on to satisfy. The full bar sure will. Very popular with families.
1502 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
- Mon–Fri 8:30am–midnight
Sat & Sun 8:30–3, 5–midnight
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The Trouble With Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Downtown's New Elysian Bar Sounds Pretty Damn Great
- Senator Tom Will Not Run for Reelection
- Flour to the People
- This Week in Restaurant News: Expansions, Cocktails, and Fried Chicken
- Morning Fizz: Brawl Averted, Money Not Diverted
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- A Critic’s Guide to Seattle Restaurant Week 2014