Seattle Met and SagaCity Media are seeking smart, energetic, talented people to fill the positions below. See what it takes to join our team. (Looking for internship opportunities? See our internships page.)
Director of Information Technology
SagaCity Media, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated, meticulous, leader for an immediate opening in the position of Director of Information Technology, located in our Portland, OR or Seattle, WA offices.
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Houston, Seattle, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Houstonia, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota Magazine produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for conventions and visitors’ bureaus or lodging associations in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Aspen, Washington state, Eastern Oregon, Bellevue, Tacoma, Galveston, Aurora, Eugene and Vancouver.
The Director of Information Technology will oversee the operations of the IT department, and ensure that it aligns with the organization's objectives by strategizing, designing, and implementing new technology to keep up with this growing organization. This is a management position that also requires hands-on operations support.
The ideal candidate will be a high‐performing strategic thinker, able to partner with the organization’s senior management staff to assess and execute their needs, and possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in the IT field
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms
- Must have experience with gathering requirements based on non-IT infrastructure business needs and finding & implementing the right technology to meet those needs
- Excellent writing, documentation, and communication skills
- Blend of strong leadership skills and hands on technical skills
- Extremely strong project management and time Mmzanagement skills
- Preferred but not required – Experience and knowledge of SQL server, SQL queries, .net, BI tools
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information.
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms and partnerships & implement the organization's IT roadmap
- Lead an IT team that manages proactive strategies, and “helpdesk” items for multiple offices across the country.
- Explore technology trends and recommend information technology strategies for business processes by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, and anticipating requirements
- Direct day-to-day operations and maintenance of the client's technology systems including all IT related hardware, software, networks, VOIP telephony systems, and printers
- Establish security measures for servers and work stations
- Plan, coordinate, and manage daily operational activities and provide support to internal and external business partners
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; develop, test, evaluate, and install enhancements
- Own IT infrastructure related policies and procedures aligned with SagaCity Media’s business requirements, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Manage back up (on-site and off-site) and organization of all programs, files, and folders
- Assist employees in solving their computer-related and networking issues
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitor expenses; plan budgets for future periods
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations; stay abreast of emerging innovations
- Keep accurate inventory of all computers, phones and other IT equipment and assignment log of such equipment
- Create an employee IT user manual to ensure that all employees have training material available for their basic IT requests.
- Leverage analytical data to make decisions regarding IT strategies
- All other duties as assigned
- Expert understanding of server and network technologies, protocols, and tools.
- Expert understanding of PC and Mac Support
- Expert knowledge of firewalls, network switches
- Expert knowledge of PC setup and management.
- Have thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Thorough knowledge of DNS, SSL certificate, Cookies, HTTP protocol issues.
- Experience in development and maintenance of standards, procedures, and other documentation that support management of network and information security.
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, possess a strong level of initiative and have ability to achieve results with minimal guidance.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Willingness to travel to other offices as required
For consideration, please email your resume, list of potential references and a cover letter with relevant experience to: email@example.com
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: http://sagacitymedia.com/
Seattle Met and SagaCity Media are looking for some energetic and enthusiastic assistants to help with our new photography department. This is a beginner/part-time position for someone with photography experience. If you’re interested in photography, the editorial process, meeting new people and exploring Seattle, this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of a highly competitive and fast-paced industry! Candidate must be flexible, detail-oriented, proactive, and have good multi-tasking and time management skills.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work with the photography department to transport equipment and gear, to and from events
- Assist the photography department in the set-up and tear-down of the photo booth, background materials, props and support equipment
- Maintain a professional demeanor while running the photo booth at events, juggling between 75-400 guests moving through the photo booth
- Assist the photography department with scheduling and image/file management, editing and uploading to web
- Ongoing opportunities for exceptional performers
- Knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly responsible, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Flexible schedule; working mostly evenings and occasional weekends in 3 hour shifts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with others
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment; flexible to shifting priorities and real-time problem solving
- A passion for photography and the people of Seattle
- Must have a reliable vehicle to transport equipment
Compensation is $35/hour. Part-time positions not eligible for benefits.
About SagaCity Media:
SagaCity Media, Inc. is a multimedia content company with a core focus on the publication of consumer magazines in regional markets including Portland, Seattle, Houston, and the Rocky Mountains. SagaCity publications include Portland Monthly, Portland Bride & Groom, Seattle Met, Houstonia, and many regional visitor and travel guides.
Please submit a single-page resume and portfolio of work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Photography Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We will contact you if your skills and experience seem to be a good fit for our team.