Seattle Met and SagaCity Media are seeking smart, energetic, talented people to fill the positions below. See what it takes to join our team. (Looking for internship opportunities? See our internships page.)
Director of Information Technology
SagaCity Media, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated, meticulous, leader for an immediate opening in the position of Director of Information Technology, located in our Portland, OR or Seattle, WA offices.
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Houston, Seattle, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Houstonia, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota Magazine produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for conventions and visitors’ bureaus or lodging associations in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Aspen, Washington state, Eastern Oregon, Bellevue, Tacoma, Galveston, Aurora, Eugene and Vancouver.
The Director of Information Technology will oversee the operations of the IT department, and ensure that it aligns with the organization's objectives by strategizing, designing, and implementing new technology to keep up with this growing organization. This is a management position that also requires hands-on operations support.
The ideal candidate will be a high‐performing strategic thinker, able to partner with the organization’s senior management staff to assess and execute their needs, and possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in the IT field
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms
- Must have experience with gathering requirements based on non-IT infrastructure business needs and finding & implementing the right technology to meet those needs
- Excellent writing, documentation, and communication skills
- Blend of strong leadership skills and hands on technical skills
- Extremely strong project management and time Mmzanagement skills
- Preferred but not required – Experience and knowledge of SQL server, SQL queries, .net, BI tools
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information.
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms and partnerships & implement the organization's IT roadmap
- Lead an IT team that manages proactive strategies, and “helpdesk” items for multiple offices across the country.
- Explore technology trends and recommend information technology strategies for business processes by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, and anticipating requirements
- Direct day-to-day operations and maintenance of the client's technology systems including all IT related hardware, software, networks, VOIP telephony systems, and printers
- Establish security measures for servers and work stations
- Plan, coordinate, and manage daily operational activities and provide support to internal and external business partners
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; develop, test, evaluate, and install enhancements
- Own IT infrastructure related policies and procedures aligned with SagaCity Media’s business requirements, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Manage back up (on-site and off-site) and organization of all programs, files, and folders
- Assist employees in solving their computer-related and networking issues
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitor expenses; plan budgets for future periods
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations; stay abreast of emerging innovations
- Keep accurate inventory of all computers, phones and other IT equipment and assignment log of such equipment
- Create an employee IT user manual to ensure that all employees have training material available for their basic IT requests.
- Leverage analytical data to make decisions regarding IT strategies
- All other duties as assigned
- Expert understanding of server and network technologies, protocols, and tools.
- Expert understanding of PC and Mac Support
- Expert knowledge of firewalls, network switches
- Expert knowledge of PC setup and management.
- Have thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Thorough knowledge of DNS, SSL certificate, Cookies, HTTP protocol issues.
- Experience in development and maintenance of standards, procedures, and other documentation that support management of network and information security.
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, possess a strong level of initiative and have ability to achieve results with minimal guidance.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Willingness to travel to other offices as required
For consideration, please email your resume, list of potential references and a cover letter with relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: http://sagacitymedia.com/
Admin Coordinator, Sales & Marketing
Seattle Met is currently seeking a proactive, articulate and energetic Admin Coordinator to support the publisher & contribute to the day-to-day duties of the sales and marketing department.
This position plays a crucial role in the administrative operations of our busy sales department, offers assistance to the sales team, and works alongside the publisher to keep all the balls in the air – all of the time.
- Prepare and distribute sales sheets, presentation materials and administrative reports
- Receive incoming calls; make outgoing calls to clients and suppliers
- Conduct research on accounts and market trends
- Prepare minutes of meetings, distribute of minutes with assigned tasks and follow-up for completion schedule
- Data entry work and file management
- Assist in the preparation of RFPs
- Craft correspondence with clients
- Assemble content for advertising e-newsletters, distribution to client lists and tracking reports
- Manage e-news ad placements and tracking inventory
- Work with the production team to track outstanding ad materials for publication and website
- Basic proofreading
- Work on special projects as needed and basic administrative tasks.
- Schedule and monitor appointments
- Prepare and update training documents, memos and informational outlines
- Create timelines and track productivity
- And other tasks assigned by the publisher, as needed
The Admin Coordinator position requires attention to detail, organization, strong communication and analytical skills, with a strong interest in learning all facets of the sales, marketing and publishing process from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, equipped with a can-do attitude and a quick study; with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and work with many dynamic personalities without breaking a sweat.
If you are an individual who takes pride in what you do, thrives on being the “go-to” resource for those in need and the first in line to jump in with assistance to get the job done – you’d be great in this role.
A college degree with administrative experience is preferred, but not essential, IF you have 2 years (minimum) employment history as a top-level assistant and/or departmental administration experience – and have professional contacts standing by to provide a strong reference on your behalf.
Starting salary of $35K - $40K, based on experience. Medical & dental benefits, transit pass, 401K with company contribution, and “backstage” access to Seattle Met hosted and sponsored events, based on availability.
Please Note: Candidates may be asked to to complete a skill test to evaluate your level of expertise on office suite programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), understanding of phone systems, ability to print and assemble presentation materials and/or basic organizational skills, prior to interview.
This is a full time position with a target start date of September 6, 2016 (or shortly thereafter).
- Submit a personalized cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Complete questionnaire within 24 hours of receiving link (sent upon receipt of letter & resume).
- Please - no calls. Qualified candidates will be contacted for follow-up interview.
- PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will be held on Friday, August 26 and Saturday, August 27 (only) – to be eligible for consideration you must be available on at least one of these dates.
About Sagacity Media:
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Portland, Seattle, Houston, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Portland Monthly, Seattle Met, Houstonia, and Sarasota produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for conventions and visitors bureaus or lodging associations in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Santa Monica, Aspen, Washington state, Eastern Oregon, Bellevue, Tacoma, Galveston, Aurora, Greenville, and Vancouver. For information about SagaCity Media, visit sagacitymedia.com.