Today in Fuzz: Backpage pimp pleads guilty, home invasion in West Seattle, another pimp gets a long sentence, a pot grow burns, Westlake arrests, and more.
1) Police stumbled onto a pot grow in South Seattle earlier this week after it caught on fire.
Firefighters found the grow op in the home at 47th Ave. S. and S. Raymond Pl.—which is right behind a fire station—and called police.
Narcotics detectives found that people managing the grow up had diverted power to the home, where police found 324 pot plants. According to SPD, the fire was caused by "high-intensity lights." Police are still looking for the home's residents.
2) A 23-year-old man pleaded guilty Thursday to pimping out a 17-year-old girl on Backpage.com.
Damenique Lajuan Beasley pleaded guilty to one count of promoting prostitution, and one count of attempted promoting prostitution after, prosecutors say, had another prostitute befriend and bring a 17-year-old girl to Seattle, where he put her to work as a prostitute, posting ads for the girl on Backpage.com.
Beasley—who prosecutors say has prior convictions for drug possession, possession of a stolen vehicle, obstruction, reckless endangerment, and reckless driving—will receive a 40 month (or 3-and-a-half year) sentence as part of his plea deal.
3) Robbery detectives are looking for two men who forced their way into a West Seattle home night and robbed a couple Tuesday.
According to SPD, the two suspects knocked on the front door of the home on 56th Ave. SW. and SW. Lander St. at about 10:00 pm. When one of the residents opened the front door, the two men—who were wearing masks and were armed—forced their way inside.
The men forced the couple to the ground, and took electronics, cash, and a credit card from the home before they fled.
4) A man accused of pimping a 17-year-old girl (not to be confused with the backpage case above) faces a long prison sentence after pleading guilty to charges for prostitution, and for trying to run over a police officer with his car.
Police say McMillon brought a 17-year-old girl to Seattle from Oregon, and pimped her out on Aurora and Pacific Highway.
Prosecutors also charged McMillon with attempted assault after he tried to hit a Shoreline police officer with his car to avoid being caught for smoking marijuana while on probation. McMillon led police on a brief high-speed chase before he was arrested.
McMillon faces an exceptionally long sentence, a whopping 20 to 25 years.
5) Two armed men tied up and robbed a restaurant owner near Rainier Ave. S. and S. Myrtle after closing and robbed him Wednesday night. Police say the suspects approached the man outside the store after he'd closed up shop, forced him inside, hit him, tied him up, took cash, and fled.
6) King County prosecutors charged a 29-year-old Kenmore man with child molestation and indecent exposure Thursday after he allegedly exposed himself to children in five separate incidents.
In court records, police say Jesse Drugge is a "danger to the community," and note that he followed one child home, and ejaculated on an 11-year-old girl while she was on a swing at a playground.
7) Officers arrested a man in Westlake Park Wednesday after he flicked a lit cigarette at a park ranger. According to SPD, around 8:00 pm a park ranger told one man—who was in a sleeping bag—he couldn't camp in the park. Police say the man started packing up his things and tossed a lit cigarette at the ranger, hitting him "near his face." Officers arrested the 20-year-old man for assault.
8) NYC has its own Hipster Cop, who loves organic food, Radiohead, and skinny ties. SPD's East Precinct is jealous.
- Advertisement -
OTHER POPULAR CONTENT
Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
Update: Zara Seattle
How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
Seattle Holiday Event Guide 2013
Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."
The 30 Seattle Restaurant Experiences You Must Have Before You Die
Council Fizz: Talking, and Taxes
One Question for Ed Murray: The Minimum Wage & Sawant
On Location at the Sorrento Hotel for Holiday Style: Life's Rich Pageant
16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
Best Breakfast Spots
30 Perfect Day Trips
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- Seattle Holiday Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."
- The 30 Seattle Restaurant Experiences You Must Have Before You Die
- Council Fizz: Talking, and Taxes
- One Question for Ed Murray: The Minimum Wage & Sawant
- Advertisement -
Most popularSlide Shows & Videos
- Advertisement -