Vivian Maier: Out of the Shadows
Features:Age: All Ages Price: Free
In 2007 a boxful of prints, negatives, and undeveloped film was sold at auction in Chicago; it turned out to be a treasure trove of midcentury images by photographer Vivian Maier (1926–2009), whose black and whites captured both zeitgeist moments of the 1950s–70s and the simplicity of the everyday. The exhibit reflects nine “personal journeys” she made, from rural France to downtown Chicago.
- Butcher BB Ranch Is Feeding Marijuana to Pigs
- Seattle’s Best Restaurants for Cheap Eats
- Burgess News: Who Does It Help? Who Does It Hurt?
- Friday Jolt: Burgess Withdraws from Mayor's Race
- Morning Fizz: Luckily for Mayor Mike McGinn
- Morning Fizz: 46th District Endorses Murray, Steinbrueck
- Isn't It Weird That
- Campaign Fizz: Burgess Fires Consultant