Vivian Maier: Out of the Shadows
Features:Age: All Ages Price: Free
In 2007 a boxful of prints, negatives, and undeveloped film was sold at auction in Chicago; it turned out to be a treasure trove of midcentury images by photographer Vivian Maier (1926–2009), whose black and whites captured both zeitgeist moments of the 1950s–70s and the simplicity of the everyday. The exhibit reflects nine “personal journeys” she made, from rural France to downtown Chicago.
- Best New Bar in Seattle
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Here's the (Massively Tempting) Dessert Lineup for Sweet Week
- Report: Tunnel Tops List of "Highway Boondoggles"
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Oh Go Jump in a Lake
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: September 18–21
- Morning Fizz: City Hall Irony of the Day