Vivian Maier: Out of the Shadows
Features:Age: All Ages Price: Free
In 2007 a boxful of prints, negatives, and undeveloped film was sold at auction in Chicago; it turned out to be a treasure trove of midcentury images by photographer Vivian Maier (1926–2009), whose black and whites captured both zeitgeist moments of the 1950s–70s and the simplicity of the everyday. The exhibit reflects nine “personal journeys” she made, from rural France to downtown Chicago.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Seafood Road Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Five Reasons Not to Miss 'The Book of Mormon'
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Slide Show: Seattle’s Best City Parks
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Why I’m Voting for Parks (Even Though the Opponents Have a Point!)