Vivian Maier: Out of the Shadows
Features:Age: All Ages Price: Free
In 2007 a boxful of prints, negatives, and undeveloped film was sold at auction in Chicago; it turned out to be a treasure trove of midcentury images by photographer Vivian Maier (1926–2009), whose black and whites captured both zeitgeist moments of the 1950s–70s and the simplicity of the everyday. The exhibit reflects nine “personal journeys” she made, from rural France to downtown Chicago.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Afternoon Jolt: Poll Shows Sawant Polarizing, but with Impressive Favorable Rating
- Morning Fizz: Six Degrees of Political Separation
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Best Breakfast Spots
- How Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll Wooed Unchurched Seattle
- This Is What Happens to Your Bike After It’s Stolen
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale