Vivian Maier: Out of the Shadows
Features:Age: All Ages Price: Free
In 2007 a boxful of prints, negatives, and undeveloped film was sold at auction in Chicago; it turned out to be a treasure trove of midcentury images by photographer Vivian Maier (1926–2009), whose black and whites captured both zeitgeist moments of the 1950s–70s and the simplicity of the everyday. The exhibit reflects nine “personal journeys” she made, from rural France to downtown Chicago.
- It's Official: Zhu Dang Opens on Olive Way
- Beer and Sandwich Shop Mammoth Is Just About to Open
- Christmas and Holiday Event Guide 2014
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Just How Delectable is Morsel’s Biscuit Sandwich?
- BMW DriveNow CEO Says New Carsharing Legislation Would Likely Bring Company to Seattle
- Paseo Has a New Owner—Let Your Theories Fly
- I Went to Caprial Pence’s New Bookstore Bar