Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday
The Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Guns, Germs, and Steel and geography professor spent years in the Pacific Islands studying traditional cultures that avoided technology’s grasp. In his 2012 release, The World Until Yesterday, Diamond looks at traditional cultural practices that industrial and postindustrial societies could learn from, including conflict resolution, diet and lifestyle, and child rearing. This event is sold out.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Seafood Road Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Five Reasons Not to Miss 'The Book of Mormon'
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Slide Show: Seattle’s Best City Parks
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Why I’m Voting for Parks (Even Though the Opponents Have a Point!)