Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday
The Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Guns, Germs, and Steel and geography professor spent years in the Pacific Islands studying traditional cultures that avoided technology’s grasp. In his 2012 release, The World Until Yesterday, Diamond looks at traditional cultural practices that industrial and postindustrial societies could learn from, including conflict resolution, diet and lifestyle, and child rearing. This event is sold out.
- The 10 Best Neighborhoods in Seattle
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Quick: Name the Seattle Neighborhood with So Many New Restaurants We Made You a Map!
- Best Breakfast Spots
- Blog Spot: Cupcakes and Creativity
- An Entire Year's Worth of New (and Revamped) Patios
- Endorsements, Kickoffs, Letters, and Texts
- Seattle's Best Brunches