Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday
The Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Guns, Germs, and Steel and geography professor spent years in the Pacific Islands studying traditional cultures that avoided technology’s grasp. In his 2012 release, The World Until Yesterday, Diamond looks at traditional cultural practices that industrial and postindustrial societies could learn from, including conflict resolution, diet and lifestyle, and child rearing. This event is sold out.
- Best New Bar in Seattle
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Here's the (Massively Tempting) Dessert Lineup for Sweet Week
- Quality Athletics Opens (Officially) Today in Pioneer Square
- Tuesday Jolt: Mayor Murray Threatens to Veto Restrictive aPodment Legislation
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Report: Tunnel Tops List of "Highway Boondoggles"
- Cheap Week Seattle: September 15–21