Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday
The Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Guns, Germs, and Steel and geography professor spent years in the Pacific Islands studying traditional cultures that avoided technology’s grasp. In his 2012 release, The World Until Yesterday, Diamond looks at traditional cultural practices that industrial and postindustrial societies could learn from, including conflict resolution, diet and lifestyle, and child rearing. This event is sold out.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Morning Fizz: Six Degrees of Political Separation
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- 16 Dishes Trending Now on Seattle Menus
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"