Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday
The Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Guns, Germs, and Steel and geography professor spent years in the Pacific Islands studying traditional cultures that avoided technology’s grasp. In his 2012 release, The World Until Yesterday, Diamond looks at traditional cultural practices that industrial and postindustrial societies could learn from, including conflict resolution, diet and lifestyle, and child rearing. This event is sold out.
- Seattle’s Best Places to Work
- Korean Steak House Girin Opens Saturday in Pioneer Square
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Reveals Its 2015 Summer Concert Series
- What Makes a Menu Great?
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- This Week in Restaurant News: Name TBD
- 10 Hottest Neighborhoods in Seattle
- Council Okays Homeless in Residential Neighborhoods, Now How About Homes?