Given the band’s mature sound, somber lyrics, and Matt Berninger’s deep baritone, the National’s music is often pegged (somewhat disparagingly) as “dad rock.” But like its previous records, the Brooklyn indie collective’s new album Trouble Will Find Me has received nearly universal praise. If that paternal label is accurate, then the dad in question must be Don Draper smooth.
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé
- Nosh Pit Weekly Planner: December 4–10
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."