Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival
Features:Price: Sold out. Encore screening at SIFF Cinema on Jan 12; $11.
In the CGI era, fantasy and sci-fi moviemaking has become synonymous with Peter Jackson’s big budget Tolkien epics and J. J. Abrams’s Star Trek lens-flare fests. But the upstart filmmakers competing in the annual Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival prove that smaller scales and smaller budgets don’t correlate with smaller imaginations.
Note: The festival itself has sold out, but SIFF Cinema Uptown is hosting an encore screening on January 12.
- Renee Erickson Is Closing Boat Street Cafe
- Meeru Dhalwala's Shanik Will Close March 21 in South Lake Union
- The 10 Most Persistent Beliefs About Seattle Dining
- Jason Stratton Is Stepping Down from All His Restaurants
- Little Uncle Is Closing Its Pioneer Square Location
- Over Objections from O'Brien and Sawant, Council Approves Vulcan Deal
- Pike Place Market Is Building a New Wing (Filled With Great Food)
- 30 Perfect Day Trips