Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival
Features:Price: Sold out. Encore screening at SIFF Cinema on Jan 12; $11.
In the CGI era, fantasy and sci-fi moviemaking has become synonymous with Peter Jackson’s big budget Tolkien epics and J. J. Abrams’s Star Trek lens-flare fests. But the upstart filmmakers competing in the annual Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival prove that smaller scales and smaller budgets don’t correlate with smaller imaginations.
Note: The festival itself has sold out, but SIFF Cinema Uptown is hosting an encore screening on January 12.
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- The 10 Best Neighborhoods in Seattle
- First Look: The New (Well, Remodeled) Downtown Nordstrom
- An Entire Year's Worth of New (and Revamped) Patios
- Delancey's Brandon Pettit Will Open Dino's Tomato Pie on Capitol Hill
- RockCreek's Owners Will Open FlintCreek Cattle Co. in Greenwood
- North Seattle Debate, Southeast Seattle Endorsements
- 43rd District Winners and Losers