Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival
Features:Price: Sold out. Encore screening at SIFF Cinema on Jan 12; $11.
In the CGI era, fantasy and sci-fi moviemaking has become synonymous with Peter Jackson’s big budget Tolkien epics and J. J. Abrams’s Star Trek lens-flare fests. But the upstart filmmakers competing in the annual Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival prove that smaller scales and smaller budgets don’t correlate with smaller imaginations.
Note: The festival itself has sold out, but SIFF Cinema Uptown is hosting an encore screening on January 12.
- The Trouble With Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Downtown's New Elysian Bar Sounds Pretty Damn Great
- Senator Tom Will Not Run for Reelection
- Flour to the People
- This Week in Restaurant News: Expansions, Cocktails, and Fried Chicken
- Morning Fizz: Brawl Averted, Money Not Diverted
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- A Critic’s Guide to Seattle Restaurant Week 2014