Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival
Features:Price: Sold out. Encore screening at SIFF Cinema on Jan 12; $11.
In the CGI era, fantasy and sci-fi moviemaking has become synonymous with Peter Jackson’s big budget Tolkien epics and J. J. Abrams’s Star Trek lens-flare fests. But the upstart filmmakers competing in the annual Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival prove that smaller scales and smaller budgets don’t correlate with smaller imaginations.
Note: The festival itself has sold out, but SIFF Cinema Uptown is hosting an encore screening on January 12.
- Hidden Hot Springs Near Seattle
- The Comfort Food Seattle Can’t Get Enough Of
- Christmas and Holiday Event Guide 2014
- Two Holiday Popups: The Seattle Collective and Canal Market
- Councilmember Kshama Sawant Arrested
- 8 Great Seattle Cheap Dates
- Cinerama Reopens: New Seats, Sights, Sounds, and Treats
- The Restaurants That Changed Seattle