Posse’s Soft Opening was one of the best local records released in the first half of 2014. The band’s throwback slacker indie-rock vibe calls to mind Yo La Tengo and Pavement, but it feels like they’re simply kicking dirt on the outskirts of those forefathers’ property rather than looking to move in. It’s music that’s artfully laissez-faire.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Seafood Road Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Five Reasons Not to Miss 'The Book of Mormon'
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Slide Show: Seattle’s Best City Parks
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Why I’m Voting for Parks (Even Though the Opponents Have a Point!)