Young filmmakers from around the globe shine each year at the National Film Festival for Talented Youth, but 2014 puts a new, added focus to the girls. Since women make up less than 10 percent of directors in the movie business, NFFTY will add an award for Best New Female Filmmaker in hopes of inspiring girls to pick up a camera a create from behind the lens. Who knows? One of these kids might be the next Megan Griffiths or Lynn Shelton.
- It's Official: Zhu Dang Opens on Olive Way
- Beer and Sandwich Shop Mammoth Is Just About to Open
- Just How Delectable is Morsel’s Biscuit Sandwich?
- Sen. Kohl-Welles Wants to Lift Cap on Pot Stores, Merge Medical Marijuana into I-502 System
- Last-Minute Cultural Gift Guide
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Christmas and Holiday Event Guide 2014
- Calf and Kid's Sibling Cheese Bar Finds a Home on 12th Avenue