Young filmmakers from around the globe shine each year at the National Film Festival for Talented Youth, but 2014 puts a new, added focus to the girls. Since women make up less than 10 percent of directors in the movie business, NFFTY will add an award for Best New Female Filmmaker in hopes of inspiring girls to pick up a camera a create from behind the lens. Who knows? One of these kids might be the next Megan Griffiths or Lynn Shelton.
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Reveals Its 2015 Summer Concert Series
- What It Takes to Make It in Seattle
- Unburied: The Secrets of a Deadly Mount Baker Avalanche
- What’s Seattle’s Hottest Sandwich Zone?
- This Week in Restaurant News: Many, Many Openings
- These Are Seattle's 2015 James Beard Finalists
- The Brief, Extraordinary Life of Cody Spafford
- Seattle’s Best Places to Work