Young filmmakers from around the globe shine each year at the National Film Festival for Talented Youth, but 2014 puts a new, added focus to the girls. Since women make up less than 10 percent of directors in the movie business, NFFTY will add an award for Best New Female Filmmaker in hopes of inspiring girls to pick up a camera a create from behind the lens. Who knows? One of these kids might be the next Megan Griffiths or Lynn Shelton.
- Here Come 11 New Food Trucks
- A Few Candidates Stand Out in North Seattle Forum
- Yes, Meat and Bread Has Finally Arrived
- The Next Big Names in Washington Beer
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Patagonia Worn Wear Tour in Seattle Tomorrow
- What Is Sawant Spending Her Money On?
- Sawant Campaign has Relied on Contractors, Skipping Employee Taxes