Young filmmakers from around the globe shine each year at the National Film Festival for Talented Youth, but 2014 puts a new, added focus to the girls. Since women make up less than 10 percent of directors in the movie business, NFFTY will add an award for Best New Female Filmmaker in hopes of inspiring girls to pick up a camera a create from behind the lens. Who knows? One of these kids might be the next Megan Griffiths or Lynn Shelton.
- Best New Bar in Seattle
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Here's the (Massively Tempting) Dessert Lineup for Sweet Week
- Quality Athletics Opens (Officially) Today in Pioneer Square
- Tuesday Jolt: Mayor Murray Threatens to Veto Restrictive aPodment Legislation
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Report: Tunnel Tops List of "Highway Boondoggles"
- Cheap Week Seattle: September 15–21