Young filmmakers from around the globe shine each year at the National Film Festival for Talented Youth, but 2014 puts a new, added focus to the girls. Since women make up less than 10 percent of directors in the movie business, NFFTY will add an award for Best New Female Filmmaker in hopes of inspiring girls to pick up a camera a create from behind the lens. Who knows? One of these kids might be the next Megan Griffiths or Lynn Shelton.
- Hidden Hot Springs Near Seattle
- 10 Classic Seattle Restaurants
- Christmas and Holiday Event Guide 2014
- 8 Great Seattle Cheap Dates
- Seafood Bar Manolin Opens Soon on Stone Way
- Marination-Backed Good Bar Arrives in Pioneer Square
- Mayor Murray on "The Murder of Mr. Brown."
- The Comfort Food Seattle Can’t Get Enough Of