Every story has a beginning. At Seattle’s monthly Moth Story-Slam, it’s when diehards queue up three hours early at Fremont Abbey to score a wait-list audience spot at the sold-out event. Moth’s storytelling competition began in a Manhattan living room in 1997; now Moth holds events in 17 cities. “It sold out in Martha’s Vineyard, San Francisco, and New York. This is the closest I’ve ever gotten,” says tourist Marc Luers while standing in line.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Seafood Road Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Five Reasons Not to Miss 'The Book of Mormon'
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Slide Show: Seattle’s Best City Parks
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Why I’m Voting for Parks (Even Though the Opponents Have a Point!)