Every story has a beginning. At Seattle’s monthly Moth Story-Slam, it’s when diehards queue up three hours early at Fremont Abbey to score a wait-list audience spot at the sold-out event. Moth’s storytelling competition began in a Manhattan living room in 1997; now Moth holds events in 17 cities. “It sold out in Martha’s Vineyard, San Francisco, and New York. This is the closest I’ve ever gotten,” says tourist Marc Luers while standing in line.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."