Morlot Conducts Messiaen
Features:Age: All Ages Price: $19–$112
Under the direction of maestro Ludovic Morlot, the SSO tackles Messiaen’s massive Turangalîla-Symphony for the first time, with pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet and Cynthia Millar on the ondes martenot (an early electronic keyboard often used in sci-fi scores). The 10-movement, 80-minute composition “oscillates between music that is lyrical and harsh,” says the symphony, but to Messiaen, it was simply a “song of love.”
- 25 Drop-Dead Extraordinary Sandwiches
- Judy Travis Is the 21st Century Video Star
- Friday Extra Fizz: Sharing Cars, Vacating Alleys, and Restricting Signs
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: Mar 6–9
- Morning Fizz: Teachers are in "Open Revolt"
- This Week In Restaurant News: Look, New Projects That Aren't in Pioneer Square!
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- The Working Stiff's Guide to Lunch in the City