Morlot Conducts Messiaen
Features:Age: All Ages Price: $19–$112
Under the direction of maestro Ludovic Morlot, the SSO tackles Messiaen’s massive Turangalîla-Symphony for the first time, with pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet and Cynthia Millar on the ondes martenot (an early electronic keyboard often used in sci-fi scores). The 10-movement, 80-minute composition “oscillates between music that is lyrical and harsh,” says the symphony, but to Messiaen, it was simply a “song of love.”
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."