Morlot Conducts Messiaen
Features:Age: All Ages Price: $19–$112
Under the direction of maestro Ludovic Morlot, the SSO tackles Messiaen’s massive Turangalîla-Symphony for the first time, with pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet and Cynthia Millar on the ondes martenot (an early electronic keyboard often used in sci-fi scores). The 10-movement, 80-minute composition “oscillates between music that is lyrical and harsh,” says the symphony, but to Messiaen, it was simply a “song of love.”
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Conservative Opinion Writer Out at Seattle Times
- Morning Fizz: "Support of Property Owners Will Not be Forthcoming."
- The Dining Variable You Never Think About
- The London Plane: Pretty and Potent
- Hommage (née Book Bindery) Opens This Week
- Morning Fizz: "We Have a Challenge Ahead of Us in 'To Be Determined' Funding."
- Best Breakfast Spots