Modernism in the Pacific Northwest: The Mythic and the Mystical
Holed up in our remote corner of the country, artists like Mark Tobey, Kenneth Callahan, and Morris Graves created a modernist art movement in the late 1930s. Their work inspired a second wave of area painters including Tony Angell and George Tsutakawa to further explore the mysteries of the Northwest. SAM’s Modernism in the Pacific Northwest showcases the full breadth of the region’s modernist spirit.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Conservative Opinion Writer Out at Seattle Times
- Morning Fizz: "Support of Property Owners Will Not be Forthcoming."
- The Dining Variable You Never Think About
- The London Plane: Pretty and Potent
- Hommage (née Book Bindery) Opens This Week
- Morning Fizz: "We Have a Challenge Ahead of Us in 'To Be Determined' Funding."
- Best Breakfast Spots