Modernism in the Pacific Northwest: The Mythic and the Mystical
Holed up in our remote corner of the country, artists like Mark Tobey, Kenneth Callahan, and Morris Graves created a modernist art movement in the late 1930s. Their work inspired a second wave of area painters including Tony Angell and George Tsutakawa to further explore the mysteries of the Northwest. SAM’s Modernism in the Pacific Northwest showcases the full breadth of the region’s modernist spirit.
- Seattle Summer Outdoor Movie Guide 2014
- Seafood Road Trips
- Architectural Gems That Are Vacation Rentals
- Five Reasons Not to Miss 'The Book of Mormon'
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Slide Show: Seattle’s Best City Parks
- Seattle Restaurants with the Best Wine Lists
- Why I’m Voting for Parks (Even Though the Opponents Have a Point!)