Modernism in the Pacific Northwest: The Mythic and the Mystical
Holed up in our remote corner of the country, artists like Mark Tobey, Kenneth Callahan, and Morris Graves created a modernist art movement in the late 1930s. Their work inspired a second wave of area painters including Tony Angell and George Tsutakawa to further explore the mysteries of the Northwest. SAM’s Modernism in the Pacific Northwest showcases the full breadth of the region’s modernist spirit.
- Best New Bar in Seattle
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Here's the (Massively Tempting) Dessert Lineup for Sweet Week
- Report: Tunnel Tops List of "Highway Boondoggles"
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Oh Go Jump in a Lake
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: September 18–21
- Morning Fizz: City Hall Irony of the Day