Kyle Loven: Loss Machine
Introducing Kyle Loven, age 29
Currently A next-gen Seattle puppeteer who dabbles in dark magic a la Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth.
Claim to Fame Received grants from the Jim Henson Foundation and the Seattle Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs to develop Loss Machine—a world premiere at On the Boards.
What is a Loss Machine? Visual art and live performance. A “Rube Goldberg–esque set” that Loven manipulates. A city of lost things, each with its own story.
What isn’t a Loss Machine? Muppetry. Cuddly. For children.
- The 10 Most Confusing Restaurants in Seattle
- Conservative Opinion Writer Out at Seattle Times
- Morning Fizz: "Support of Property Owners Will Not be Forthcoming."
- The Dining Variable You Never Think About
- The London Plane: Pretty and Potent
- Hommage (née Book Bindery) Opens This Week
- Morning Fizz: "We Have a Challenge Ahead of Us in 'To Be Determined' Funding."
- Best Breakfast Spots