Kyle Loven: Loss Machine
Introducing Kyle Loven, age 29
Currently A next-gen Seattle puppeteer who dabbles in dark magic a la Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth.
Claim to Fame Received grants from the Jim Henson Foundation and the Seattle Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs to develop Loss Machine—a world premiere at On the Boards.
What is a Loss Machine? Visual art and live performance. A “Rube Goldberg–esque set” that Loven manipulates. A city of lost things, each with its own story.
What isn’t a Loss Machine? Muppetry. Cuddly. For children.
- Catfish Corner Will Soon Become Fat's Fried Chicken and Waffles
- The Rent Really Is Too Damn High
- ZooTunes Lays Out Its 2015 Summer Concert Lineup
- Renee Erickson's Restaurants Will Abolish Tipping
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Breaking: How Each Council Member Voted Behind the Scenes on Vacancy Applicants
- Council Applicant Game Theory and the Honorable Mentions
- 20 Books Every Seattleite Should Read