Kyle Loven: Loss Machine
Introducing Kyle Loven, age 29
Currently A next-gen Seattle puppeteer who dabbles in dark magic a la Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth.
Claim to Fame Received grants from the Jim Henson Foundation and the Seattle Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs to develop Loss Machine—a world premiere at On the Boards.
What is a Loss Machine? Visual art and live performance. A “Rube Goldberg–esque set” that Loven manipulates. A city of lost things, each with its own story.
What isn’t a Loss Machine? Muppetry. Cuddly. For children.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Afternoon Jolt: Poll Shows Sawant Polarizing, but with Impressive Favorable Rating
- Morning Fizz: Six Degrees of Political Separation
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Best Breakfast Spots
- How Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll Wooed Unchurched Seattle
- This Is What Happens to Your Bike After It’s Stolen
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale