Isamu Noguchi and Qi Baishi: Beijing 1930
When Isamu Noguchi, a Japanese American artist most famous for his sculptures, spent half a year studying calligraphy and ink painting with the Chinese expert Qi Baishi he picked up a thing or two. By working outside of his regular medium Noguchi was able to take his art to a new realm while still brining in certain elements of his own expertise, which the Frye will display until May.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale
- Morning Fizz: Six Degrees of Political Separation
- Afternoon Jolt: Poll Shows Sawant Polarizing, but with Impressive Favorable Rating
- Cheap Week Seattle: October 20–26
- This Is What Happens to Your Bike After It’s Stolen
- Best Breakfast Spots