Elles: Women Artists from the Centre Pompidou, Paris
Features:Age: All Ages Price: $12-$23 , Children are FREE
Testosterone is at an all-time low at SAM with a century’s worth of modern and contemporary art—more than 130 works by female artists—on loan from the Pompidou. Some artists stand out in boldface: Frida Kahlo. Dora Maar. Others have only recently received their due, like Claude Cahun, whose daring and sexually ambiguous self-portraits (circa 1919) existed in a limbo of inconsequence until the last decade.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."
- There Are Two New Faces Behind the Bar at Zig Zag
- Morning Fizz: Council Skeptical of $1.07 Billion Waterfront Project (LIKE); Celis in Bike Gear (DISLIKE)