Elles: Women Artists from the Centre Pompidou, Paris
Features:Age: All Ages Price: $12-$23 , Children are FREE
Testosterone is at an all-time low at SAM with a century’s worth of modern and contemporary art—more than 130 works by female artists—on loan from the Pompidou. Some artists stand out in boldface: Frida Kahlo. Dora Maar. Others have only recently received their due, like Claude Cahun, whose daring and sexually ambiguous self-portraits (circa 1919) existed in a limbo of inconsequence until the last decade.
- 25 Drop-Dead Extraordinary Sandwiches
- Judy Travis Is the 21st Century Video Star
- Friday Extra Fizz: Sharing Cars, Vacating Alleys, and Restricting Signs
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: Mar 6–9
- Morning Fizz: Teachers are in "Open Revolt"
- This Week In Restaurant News: Look, New Projects That Aren't in Pioneer Square!
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- The Working Stiff's Guide to Lunch in the City