Cathedrals VII: Agnes Obel
Since its inception in 2011, there’s been no finer concert series in Seattle than Fremont Abbey’s Cathedrals, which invites local favorites such as Damien Jurado and Sera Cahoone to St. Mark’s Cathedral, where their music reverberates beautifully in the church’s cavernous space. This month the Abbey breaks its local mold and imports Danish singer-songwriter Agnes Obel and her calm, sweeping grand piano arrangements (with cello and violin accompaniment) for the seventh edition of Cathedrals. Local singer-songwritter Bryan John Appleby opens.
NOTE: Rescheduled for March 15 due to visa issues.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Afternoon Jolt: Poll Shows Sawant Polarizing, but with Impressive Favorable Rating
- Morning Fizz: Six Degrees of Political Separation
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Best Breakfast Spots
- How Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll Wooed Unchurched Seattle
- This Is What Happens to Your Bike After It’s Stolen
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale