Angels in America: Millennium Approaches
Features:Price: $35–$56; Festival pass $69–$114
This year the Intiman Theatre Festival goes all-in on Tony Kushner's Pulitzer Prize-winning masterpiece Angels in America. Intiman presents the full play, which has been adapted into a Golden Globes and Emmy-winning television miniseries and an opera by Peter Eötvös, in its two distinct parts: Millennium Approaches and Perestrioka. While the country has moved past some of the scare of the AIDS epidemic and the political culture of the time, there's still plenty relevant about the societal issues Kushner's explores in this epic. Seattle actors Marya Sea Kaminski, Anne Allgood, and Charles Leggett all play multiple roles. Options are available to experience both halves separately or take in all seven hours in a single day with a marathon pass.
- If You Could Eat Your Way Through Columbia City, Which 3 Restaurants Would You Choose?
- Mumford and Sons' Stopover Festival Comes to Walla Walla
- Tom Douglas Will Open the Carlile Room Across from the Paramount
- Lisa Nakamura's Gnocchi Bar Is Coming to 12th and Pine
- A Guide to Brunch Wait Times in Seattle
- Seattle Is Ginger Beer's Boomtown
- 30 Perfect Day Trips
- Democrats Win a Big One and Lose a Big One