Angels in America: Millennium Approaches
Features:Price: $35–$56; Festival pass $69–$114
This year the Intiman Theatre Festival goes all-in on Tony Kushner's Pulitzer Prize-winning masterpiece Angels in America. Intiman presents the full play, which has been adapted into a Golden Globes and Emmy-winning television miniseries and an opera by Peter Eötvös, in its two distinct parts: Millennium Approaches and Perestrioka. While the country has moved past some of the scare of the AIDS epidemic and the political culture of the time, there's still plenty relevant about the societal issues Kushner's explores in this epic. Seattle actors Marya Sea Kaminski, Anne Allgood, and Charles Leggett all play multiple roles. Options are available to experience both halves separately or take in all seven hours in a single day with a marathon pass.
- It's Official: Zhu Dang Opens on Olive Way
- Beer and Sandwich Shop Mammoth Is Just About to Open
- Christmas and Holiday Event Guide 2014
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Just How Delectable is Morsel’s Biscuit Sandwich?
- BMW DriveNow CEO Says New Carsharing Legislation Would Likely Bring Company to Seattle
- Paseo Has a New Owner—Let Your Theories Fly
- I Went to Caprial Pence’s New Bookstore Bar