Angels in America: Millennium Approaches
Features:Price: $35–$56; Festival pass $69–$114
This year the Intiman Theatre Festival goes all-in on Tony Kushner's Pulitzer Prize-winning masterpiece Angels in America. Intiman presents the full play, which has been adapted into a Golden Globes and Emmy-winning television miniseries and an opera by Peter Eötvös, in its two distinct parts: Millennium Approaches and Perestrioka. While the country has moved past some of the scare of the AIDS epidemic and the political culture of the time, there's still plenty relevant about the societal issues Kushner's explores in this epic. Seattle actors Marya Sea Kaminski, Anne Allgood, and Charles Leggett all play multiple roles. Options are available to experience both halves separately or take in all seven hours in a single day with a marathon pass.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Shop It: Goodwill's 31st Annual Glitter Sale
- Morning Fizz: "I Will Not be Concurring."
- Morning Fizz: Six Degrees of Political Separation
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- 16 Dishes Trending Now on Seattle Menus
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"