Features:Age: All Ages Price: Free
The range of emotion in Akio Takamori’s new work Squatting Girl in Striped Dress is common across his 30-plus years of figurative ceramics. They’ve been exhibited under stately and sexually charged titles alike, from “Enduring Clay” to “Give Me Head” (a collection of busts). Yet they always bear a painterly touch, recalling his childhood in Japan, and the innovations of a master at work.
- And the Seattle Met 2014 Restaurant of the Year Is…
- Item of the Moment: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Sneakers
- Three New Burgers for the To-Do List
- The Top Things to Do This Weekend: October 23–26
- Morning Fizz: "Significant Adverse Impacts"
- Morning Fizz: Trust the Mayor? "You All Have to Make That Judgment."
- There Are Two New Faces Behind the Bar at Zig Zag
- Morning Fizz: Council Skeptical of $1.07 Billion Waterfront Project (LIKE); Celis in Bike Gear (DISLIKE)