Boka drops a line to say its Beecher’s-made mac and cheese is gratis this coming Thursday and Friday. Reps from the First Avenue restaurant will sling the freebies curbside from 11:30–1:30 as a precursor to the Seattle Cheese Festival.
But that’s not all. The restaurant also included a how-to for making chef Angie Roberts’s mac at home:
1 c. butter
1 c. flour
1 gal. whole milk
5 c. soft cheese (diced)
6 c. grated Beecher’s
1. Melt butter in large rondo.
2. Add flour and whisk for two minutes.
3. Add milk and whisk constantly until thick
4. Turn off heat and add soft cheese. Then, let sit for five minutes.
5. Whisk until lumps are gone and add salt to taste.
6. Cool sauce and add grated Beecher’s Cheese.
7. Cook 1⁄2 a bag of mac noodles (following pasta cooking recipe) and cool on sheet trays.
8. Combine mac noodles and sauce. Then, cover with grated Beecher’s Cheese and bake in oven.
9. Top with brioche bread crumbs and parsley.
There you have it, two cheesy recipes in one morning.
Keep tabs on more food and restaurant news. Friend Nosh Pit on Facebook.