BOKA Kitchen and Bar
1010 1st Ave
Okay, so it’s an acronym for Bold Original Kitchen Artistry—but don’t hold that against this restaurant in the new Hotel 1000 at First & Madison. Bar nibbles here are fiercely munchable, alongside hotel guests and the usual urban prowlers in a glossy, curvaceous room with a glass bamboo sculpture centerpiece and a back bar whose shifting lights pull off a mesmerizing aurora borealis impersonation.
For more Seattle restaurant coverage, check out the eat and drink section.
- Morning Fizz: Sawant Won Because...
- Update: Zara Seattle
- How Margaret Atwood and Heavy Metal Influenced Rob Delaney's New Book
- 16 Bars and Restaurants with Fireplaces
- 5 Reasons to Get Excited About Loulay
- Seattle Holiday Event Guide 2013
- Morning Fizz: "We Worry That Many Economic Factors Will Be Overlooked."
- Morning Fizz: Gay is Passé