The Coterie Room: Closed
Specialties: Recommended Menu
The high-ceilinged, tall-windowed Belltown room is elegant in a white, fin-de-siècle way; its food, comforting Americana fare achieved through newfangled molecular methods, is even more so. Chefs Dana Tough and Brian McCracken apply their prodigious gastronomic talents (Spur, Tavern Law) to lunches, brunches, and dinners that recast grub like poutine, grilled rib eye, and mac ’n’ cheese into models of scrupulous sourcing and precise execution. They don’t ask how you’d like your steak cooked because they’re going to cook it the way it tastes best—and thanks to its precision cooking, horseradish pudding (made with molecular gastronomy’s favorite thickener, gellan gum, but nobody has to know), and greaseless Walla Walla sweet onion rings, “best” is indeed the word that will come to mind.
2137 Second Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- Daily 5–close
Sat & Sun 10–2
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The Next Big Names in Washington Beer
- Why Lager Is the Next Big Thing
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- 6 Spots to Get Your Fill...in a Growler
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- The New Guide to Washington Beer
- Best Bars 2013
- Weekly Wine Pick: Eight Bells Winery 8 Clone Syrah Red Willow Vineyard Yakima Valley