The Coterie Room: Closed
Specialties: Recommended Menu
The high-ceilinged, tall-windowed Belltown room is elegant in a white, fin-de-siècle way; its food, comforting Americana fare achieved through newfangled molecular methods, is even more so. Chefs Dana Tough and Brian McCracken apply their prodigious gastronomic talents (Spur, Tavern Law) to lunches, brunches, and dinners that recast grub like poutine, grilled rib eye, and mac ’n’ cheese into models of scrupulous sourcing and precise execution. They don’t ask how you’d like your steak cooked because they’re going to cook it the way it tastes best—and thanks to its precision cooking, horseradish pudding (made with molecular gastronomy’s favorite thickener, gellan gum, but nobody has to know), and greaseless Walla Walla sweet onion rings, “best” is indeed the word that will come to mind.
2137 Second Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- Daily 5–close
Sat & Sun 10–2
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Hotel Albatross and Sexy Alley Puffy Tacos Open This Week
- Wha?! Anheuser-Busch Buys Seattle's Elysian Brewing
- The Internet’s Best Seahawks Cocktails
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Best Bars 2013
- Seahawks Sunday: Where to Watch, Cheer...and Drink
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- Best Washington Wines: The 2012 List