Specialties: Recommended Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Singles Scene, and Romantic
A textbook exemplar of that burgeoning new dining category, the cocktail and nosh lounge, is this Phinney Ridge winner. A former Carmelita chef and server joined forces—first to create a son named Oliver, then his namesake lounge. It’s got a long bar and arty persimmon walls, pillowed banquettes and dusky illumination (and perpetually steamed windows), as well as a teensy kitchen. Still, that kitchen produces nibbles—not so much dinners as elements of dinners—which showcase an artful aesthetic, from garlic truffle-salted popcorn to a frisky bread salad to the best grilled cheese you’ve ever had. And to accompany, substantial cocktails like a grapefruity vermouth number called the Sowerberry.
6822 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
- Sun–Tue 5–10; Wed–Sat 5–11, Mon 5–11
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Marination-Backed Good Bar Arrives in Pioneer Square
- Best Bars 2013
- Where to Eat Now: In a Bar!
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- Seahawks Sunday: Where to Watch, Cheer...and Drink
- Checking In on Good Bar in Pioneer Square
- Best Washington Wines: The 2012 List
- And Now, Some Washington Wine Pairings for Thanksgiving