Specialties: Recommended Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Singles Scene, and Romantic
A textbook exemplar of that burgeoning new dining category, the cocktail and nosh lounge, is this Phinney Ridge winner. A former Carmelita chef and server joined forces—first to create a son named Oliver, then his namesake lounge. It’s got a long bar and arty persimmon walls, pillowed banquettes and dusky illumination (and perpetually steamed windows), as well as a teensy kitchen. Still, that kitchen produces nibbles—not so much dinners as elements of dinners—which showcase an artful aesthetic, from garlic truffle-salted popcorn to a frisky bread salad to the best grilled cheese you’ve ever had. And to accompany, substantial cocktails like a grapefruity vermouth number called the Sowerberry.
6822 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
- Sun–Tue 5–10; Wed–Sat 5–11, Mon 5–11
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The Next Big Names in Washington Beer
- Why Lager Is the Next Big Thing
- 6 Spots to Get Your Fill...in a Growler
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Weekly Wine Pick: Eight Bells Winery 8 Clone Syrah Red Willow Vineyard Yakima Valley
- The New Guide to Washington Beer
- Best Bars 2013