Specialties: Late Night and Dive
Fifty years of nicotine still yellows the murky light in the Ballard yuppie-dive, where folks once tucked into booths to drink and smoke but now just tuck into booths to drink and eat. The terrific grilled cheese is one reason: Gilded grilled peasant bread, crunchy but soft, heavy with melting cheddar, swiss, and parmesan, and brightened with tomato and caramelized onions. Only a fool would choose a side salad over the addictively salty-sweet yam fries. And you’re no fool.
5231 Ballard Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
- Mon–Fri 11am–2am
Sat & Sun 9am–2am
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Calf and Kid's Sibling Cheese Bar Finds a Home on 12th Avenue
- And Now for Some Unexpected Holiday Cocktails
- The Ultimate Guide to Drinking by a Fireplace in Seattle
- Best Bars 2013
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- Some Washington Wine-Related Holiday Gifts for the Last-Minute Shopper
- Where to Eat Now: In a Bar!