Specialties: Private Parties, Recommended Menu, Editors Pick, and Romantic
Canlis has been perched out over the vertiginous eastern edge of Queen Anne Hill for over 50 years. That makes it about as classic as it gets in this town—right down to the reconstructed surf and turf menu, the midcentury split-level architecture (a marvel of luxurious restraint), the dinner-jacketed clientele, the noblest mixed drinks in town, the fathoms-deep wine list, the perfectionist standard of service (where the valets remember your car without aid of a claim ticket), and the whole breathtaking sweep of Lake Union twinkling just beyond the windows. Now in its third generation of Canlis family operators, what was once the most intimidating dining room in Seattle has a friendlier, almost folksy air—but the food remains, as ever, impeccable.
2576 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
- Mon–Fri 5:30–close
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Central District's Standard Brewing Plans a Major Expansion
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Best Washington Wines: 22 Top Tasting Rooms
- Best Bars 2013
- Weekly Wine Pick: Stevens Winery StevensTimley Malbec Yakima Valley 2012
- Where to Eat Now: In a Bar!
- Best Washington Wines: The 2012 List