Bastille Cafe and Bar
Specialties: Late Night, Recommended Menu, Singles Scene, Romantic, and Outdoor Patio
With its French subway tile and vintage fixtures, Bastille delivers a lively shot of Paris to Ballard Ave. Few restaurants have mastered ambience like this one—from the speakeasylike Back Bar (anchored with a crystal chandelier big as Marie Antoinette’s hair) to the breezy patio. The menu, Sunday brunches, through nightly happy hours and suppers, surveys French bistro classics through a carefully sourced Northwest lens: Taylor Shellfish moules frites, burnished salads from the rooftop garden, and North African dishes like the very satisfying Anderson Ranch lamb sausage sandwich with artichoke mustard. Execution can be inconsistent and service tone-deaf. In this room, que será será.
Want a taste of Bastille from the convenience of your home? Read more for a recipe for Salade Verte, the perfect summer salad that serves up a fresh take on a French classic.
5307 Ballard Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
- Mon–Wed 4:30pm–12am
Sun 10am–2pm, 4:30pm–12am
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Coming to the 12th Avenue Arts Complex: Rachel's Ginger Beer
- 'Tis the Season...for Culty Winter Beer Releases
- 5 Questions for the Bartender: RockCreek’s Mike Duncan
- Best Bars 2013
- Marination-Backed Good Bar Arrives in Pioneer Square
- And Now, Some Washington Wine Pairings for Thanksgiving
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- Where to Eat Now: In a Bar!