Specialties: Happy Hour, Singles Scene, and Editors Pick
Packed, deafening, and underlit as a porn film, Barrio (from the folks who brought us Purple Cafe; and Wine Bar) knows a thing or two about crowdpleasing. The place is sleek and techno, with its gunmetal grays and dungeony feel, and the drinks can be sparkling and iridescent as precious gems. (Case in point, the grapefruity little tequila number, La Paloma.) There are also two happy hours daily: 5 to 6:30pm, and again from 10pm to midnight (later on weekends). For these reasons, Barrio does pack-em-in business with everyone but foodies, who lament that the chiles rellenos are gloppy, the $2 tacos bland, the meats too often overcooked.
1420 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
Fri & Sat 5pm-2am
- This Week in Happy Hour: Prohibition Edition
- Where to Eat Now: In a Bar!
- This Week in Happy Hour: Casual and Alfresco
- Best Washington Wines: The 2012 List
- Best Bars 2011: 10 Top Seattle Bars Right Now
- 10 Top Winery Visits
- Best Bars 2013
- Sean Sullivan's Wine of the Week: Milbrandt Traditions Pinot Gris