Specialties: Recommended Menu
From the restlessly creative mind of Matt Dillon (Sitka and Spruce, the Corson Building) comes his most hyperlocal restaurant—both culinarily and philosophically, as Bar Sajor is driving the revival of Seattle’s original neighborhood, Pioneer Square. The corner space looking out on the ruffly trees of Occidental Mall is lofty and Old World white—like an English farmhouse reclaimed by the Parsons School of Design—anchored with the roaring wood oven that is the kitchen’s only heat source. So food nerds will relish Dillon’s ingenuity of cooking methods: roasting chickens and sumptuous steaks on the fire; fermenting pickles and yogurts and even butter; serving plenty of things raw, including his peerless salads. Libations are terrific, including a full lineup of refreshing vinegar drinks.
323 Occidental Ave S
Seattle, WA 98104
- Sun & Mon 5:30–9
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Single Shot on Capitol Hill: A Shot of Style
- Taste Washington 2015: A Battle Plan
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- Best Bars 2013
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Five Questions for the Bartender: Chad Phillips
- Best Washington Wines: 22 Top Tasting Rooms
- Hotel Albatross and Sexy Alley Puffy Tacos Open This Week