Aqua By El Gaucho (formerly Waterfront Seafood Grill)
Specialties: Happy Hour, Recommended Menu, Romantic, Live Entertainment, and Scenic View
Don’t hate her because she’s beautiful. This window-walled sensation at the tip of Pier 70 features cruise-ship vistas of Elliott Bay, along with an interior view—shiny exhibition kitchen, shiny copper light fixtures, shiny gorgeous people—to rival them. All brought to you by prolific impresario Paul Mackay (El Gaucho, Troiani), who has cast Waterfront as a splashy throwback to the days when Fancy Restaurant meant sultry piano bar and spendy surf and turf (an $89 plate of tenderloin and lobster). But Waterfront’s beauty is more than skin deep, if a subtle Thai seafood stew (with exquisite fish) and a truffle-oiled lobster risotto, compelling all the way to the bottom of the dish, are any indication. She’s no cheap date, but the terrific rotating list of oysters, frisky cocktails, and Seattle’s best warm-weather patio for sunset vistas round out her charms.
2801 Alaskan Way, Pier 70
Seattle, WA 98121
- Seven days a week from 4pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Coming to the 12th Avenue Arts Complex: Rachel's Ginger Beer
- Marination-Backed Good Bar Arrives in Pioneer Square
- Best Bars 2013
- 5 Questions for the Bartender: RockCreek’s Mike Duncan
- And Now, Some Washington Wine Pairings for Thanksgiving
- 'Tis the Season...for Culty Winter Beer Releases
- Where to Eat Now: In a Bar!
- Checking In on Good Bar in Pioneer Square