Agua Verde Cafe
Specialties: Scenic View and Outdoor Patio
Seattle does a dead-on Baja impersonation in this color-washed cool breeze of a beach café at the UW edge of Portage Bay. A healthy emphasis reigns, from environmentally friendly and good-for-you foods (hormone-free beef, sustainably caught fish) to an impressive array of vegetarian and vegan options. There's even a kayak rental outfit downstairs for working off the carbs. But hedonists take heart, for Agua Verde serves up a high “yum” quotient. Tacos—three to an order—feature inventive combos like yams and chilies with cotija cheese, or cod fried in coconut-beer tempura and served with shredded cabbage and avocado cream. Rum and tequila flow through this gringo-happy joint like the California Current—to particularly friendly effect in the tart Mexican lime margarita—which makes scoring a deck table on sunny summer afternoons a lesson in patience. So is waiting for your waiter—that blur over there working very hard and still never quite getting to you. A newer location brings a limited menu to the Kirkland waterfront.
1303 NE Boat St
Seattle, WA 98105
- Mon–Sat 11–9
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle
- Calf and Kid's Sibling Cheese Bar Finds a Home on 12th Avenue
- And Now for Some Unexpected Holiday Cocktails
- The Ultimate Guide to Drinking by a Fireplace in Seattle
- Best Bars 2013
- The Top 100 Washington Wines
- Some Washington Wine-Related Holiday Gifts for the Last-Minute Shopper
- Where to Eat Now: In a Bar!