The Nosh Pit Super Bowl Drinking Game
Because your liver won't get this kind of workout again until next season.
Far be it from us to assume you’ll have a beverage (or two) handy during the Super Bowl this weekend. But just in case you do, we’ve whipped up a little drinking game to keep things interesting. Because if the game goes the way we hope it will (read: a blowout by halftime), you’ll need some extra entertainment. Drink up!
- Each time the camera pans to Macklemore, take a drink.
- If Fox play-by-play announcer Joe Buck explains the Marshawn Lynch–Skittles connection as if you’ve never heard about it before, take two drinks.
- If Fox producers show footage of fish tossing at Pike Place Market or a barista making a latte when the game comes back from commercial, take three drinks.
- If Seahawks defensive tackle Brandon Mebane busts out his sack dance, slam a beer. Because it’s too sexy to look at sober.
- If oft-injured Percy Harvin is knocked out of the game before halftime, slam a six-pack. Because enough already.
- If Buck (or color commentator Troy Aikman) makes reference to the 2006 settlement between the Seahawks and Texas A&M over the use of the phrase 12th Man, do two shots. Because, come on, it’s been almost eight years.
- Each time Pete Carroll high fives one of his players, do two shots.
- If Carroll busts out his top hat, monocle, and cane, do a keg stand.
- Every fifth time Denver QB Peyton Manning yells Omaha, take a drink. (Any more frequently than that, and you’ll be trashed by halftime.)
- If the word thug is uttered once, throw your drink at the TV.
- If Macklemore texts Peyton Manning a post-game apology for the Seahawks beating the Broncos (“You guys deserved to win.”), drink everything.