1. First Look takes place at the Columbia Tower Club, which is a members-only ultra lounge in the sky. If you're not a member, there aren't many opportunities to get inside and see the city from this vantage point so to be totally frank: that experience—taken with local and national beer and wine and speciality cocktails, the Club's fantastic bites, and desserts from top vendors—is worth the price of admission. Your Instagram followers will swoon.
2. Yes of course there will be fresh, inventive food and drink. First Look is a style- and design-focused wedding showcase—no, let's just call it a party—but what's the point of looking good if you're not thoroughly enjoying yourself? To that end, add tunes from top DJ Austin Beaver and other good times to the delicious mix.
3. Because the Columbia Tower Club is one of the most breathtaking spots for receptions, we want to make sure you can imagine your reception there. Event designers and consultants from All the Flutter, Simply Wed, Occasions, MG Davis Events, and Heathoriginal will be there with tricked-out tabletops, gorgeous floral inspiration, left-of-center centerpiece ideas, stunning color palettes, and DIY projects to add to the mix.
4. We're sort of all about the pop-up shop. The Club's suite of 76th floor meeting rooms will be transformed into a sort of dream dress and accessories mini-mall in the sky featuring the Dress Theory, A Princess Bride, Trillium Custom Tailoring (yes, guys, your look matters too), and more. Whether you want a tour of top dress styles or you need to try on the whole litany of veil and headband options in order to decide which is right for you, we're making it easy and fun.
5. Hair, makeup, and grooming? Yes. Also in the mini-mall: stylists from Kathy Evans Beauty Studio, Jenny Bowker Makeup, and more. Get in a chair and let them show you how good-looking you can be. First Look is a hands-on party; their skillful hands on you, your hands on the products and projects that'll make the day.
6. You'll want to be fully primed for working with your photographers to capture all this beauty, so we've invited Azzura Photography, Alante Photography, and Barbie Hull Photography to hang out and help you wrap your head around how to pose—and not pose. Gorgeous decor scenes by Steven Moore Designs will dot the Club's 76th floor ballroom; step inside, get some top-notch coaching, and talk to shooters about how to get that red carpet look and look completely natural doing it. We've never seen anything like this at any other wedding showcase. We're so excited we may just try it ourselves.
7. We're adding details daily. Snag your ticket now and follow along with #firstlook2013 to see how things progress.