The first thing to know about the local version of Fashion's Night Out and Downtown Seattle Rocks the Runway is 1) not a single person this side of the Rockies (or, likely, the other) knows how in the world it got to be almost-September already. What the ? Yeah. The event that shall be heretofore known as #FNOSEA is #soon!
There may be some comfort in knowing that folks all over the planet are also working double-time to finish their celebratory preparations (sales, promotions, runway shows, snacks) and figure out what they're going to wear. In fact, that's a really important thing to keep in mind about #FNO; 2) when you go out on September 6, you're joining in a global hang out. You're one with the fashion-obsessed all over the planet.
But of course 3) #FNOSEA is highly local. Among the downtown Seattle retailers staying open late and/or offering some manner of good time are Mario's, Gucci, H&M, Eileen Fisher, BCBG, and Free People.
And of course Pacific Place. Presenting the 4) first-ever big time collaborative runway show of neighborhood retailers, Downtown Seattle Rocks the Runway gathers men's looks from Barneys (yes, men's fashion on the runway), Alhambra, Baby and Co., Karan Dannenberg Clothier, Nordstrom, and more, with 5) Seven Salon bringing the hair and Gene Juarez providing the makeup.
6) The VIP pre-runway lounge (really, though; Roche Bobois is bringing in all manner of good-looking great seating) opens at 5:30; 7) the show begins at 7.
8) Absolutely everyone is invited. 9) You may spring for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres and a VIP seat that's right up on the action, or you may go for 10) free standing room only and catch the show from one of countless spots on the various levels of Pacific Place. Something right in the middle? 11) General admission exists for you. Tickets are on sale and 12) going quickly.
13) We (me!) will be there—front and center hosting the runway show, and we'd 14) love to see you.
While #FNO was started 15) as a boost to retail in New York during tough times four years ago, it continues in the spirit of 16) community and great style. Like fashion itself, it's about the parade; the good-will pageantry of the art of fashion and the expression of individual style. There is no Super Bowl in fashion, but there is #FNOSEA.
Everything you need to know about fall fashion's top looks? 18) We've got it covered. And to make sure you've got help getting it covered, we're giving away a $50 gift certificate to any Pacific Place retailer.
Send an email to lcassidy @ seattlemet. com and guess what my favorite favorite fall fabric is (hint, it relates to another fashion show happening later this fall).
19) You MUST use "#FNOSEA" as your subject line, and you MUST toss in one guess only in the body of the email. Include your name, email, and phone number after your one and only guess.
Deadline: Wednesday, September 5 at noon. We'll let the winnner know shortly thereafter.
20) And hey, there are more giveaways. Details on a downtown Seattle high-tech scavenger hunt are still forthcoming. Stay tuned to our social media channels for more on that.