On Other Blogs
On Other Blogs Today: Job Losses, Wage Freezes, Pot Endorsements, and More
1. If Congress doesn't reach a budget deal next year, Washington State stands to lose at least 41,000 jobs, the Tacoma News Tribune reports. (We hate to say we told you so...)
2. The Olympian takes a look back at Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna's record on the King County Council, particularly his opposition to light rail and taxes.
3. In what could be a bad sign for public-transit workers throughout the region, Tacoma Tomorrow reports that Pierce Transit union workers have agreed to a three-year pay freeze and a complete restructuring of their medical and dental insurance.
4. Should Sound Transit's University District light rail station have housing and retail, or a public plaza? The Seattle Times' Mike Lindblom lays out the debate.
5. Washington State Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers will speak at the Republican National Convention this year, KING 5 reports.
6. The Seattle Times comes out in favor of I-502, the marijuana legalization initiative.