Breakfast at Marination Ma Kai
Breakfast sliders and a sunrise burrito are part of the morning menu at the new Alki Beach outpost.
1. Bun “The same sweet Hawaiian-style one we use on all our sliders”
2. Sauce “The ever-so-famous Nunya sauce,” made with garlic, green onions, some undisclosed spices, and gochujang, a pungent Korean condiment made with chili and fermented soybeans
3. Portuguese-style sausage Housemade with traditional Portuguese seasonings like paprika and cayenne; Korean chili flakes stand in for crushed red pepper. “It’s a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy.”
4. Fried egg Cooked over hard so the yolk is solid
5. Grated cheddar
1. Portuguese sausage The same sausage as the sliders; made in the kitchen at Ma Kai
2. Roasted potatoes Marinated in a blend of rice wine vinegar, olive oil, and gochujang
3. Cilantro and scallions
4. Crema A housemade version of the Mexican condiment akin to “a fancy, fancy sour cream,” customized with Korean chili flakes, garlic, and, once again, gochujang. “We bathe in that stuff around here.”
5. Kimchi For crunch, spice, and a little bit of salt.
6. Scrambled eggs
7. Tortilla A 10-inch flour tortilla, grilled